Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sprint Triathlon - 10/09/2011

Start
I love this triathlon, it's around the corner in our subdivision. I don't need to wake up so early since I'm biking to the event. :) 
Woke up @ 5:45 AM, same as if I was going to work... woke Mathieu up, he was sleeping so good!
I had coffee with a toast. I was only thinking it will be a good training session today.

As soon as we started to bike, we could feel few drops of rain & saw lighting/thumder... "Crap mom, it didn't rain for 6 months & today that.... really???" said Mathieu!  
Start was delayed a little because of the lighting. Everybody thought they will cancel the race...


300 m Pool / Swim - Average about 2:15 minutes/100 m
I don't like pool swim, it is such a mess... even worse than the open water swim! lol
I had to pass 4 people, lost a lot of time but it's the same for everybody so that's ok...

Transition 1
Usually I walk & run, today I ran the all time... Put on my helmet & cycling shoes & was ready.


10 miles / Bike - Average @ 18 mi/hr
First 3 miles were fine, I was fast & fresh. Then it started pouring rain just like in Texas! Felt like I was swimming again. lol I passed about 20 people on the bike, made me happy.


Transition 2
I was slow, didn't want to fall over & hurt myself. Those cycling shoes are really slippery when it's wet! :)


3 miles / Run - Average @ 10 minutes/mile - So slow but I didn't walk!
Here we go... last leg. I didn't feel too bad today, not like usual. I like cheering up people along the way. Told a guy in front of me who started walking @ mile 2 "Please don't start walking, you are my pacer!!!". lol He ran again & we finished that last mile together with another lady. They were nice buddies. :)
I waited for Mathieu to cross the finish line... He did it 1:30 minute after me! I only wish he would train a little instead of playing X-Box! :)


Overall - 01:18:21

It was a good race, amazing organization & volunteers.
I finished 5 out of 14 in my category... still room to grow for sure. Maybe one day I'll make it to the podium! Lot's of competition in Houston! lol

2 comments:

  1. Super ce duo de triathletes ! bravo a ton fiston, tu dois etre super fiere de lui, et tu auras raison :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oui c'etait un chouette tri malgre la pluie. :) C'est marrant je le vois vraiment bien en EMT a aider les gens, ca vient tout a fait naturellement chez lui! Par contre cote sportif, c'est pas vraiment son truc... il ne s'entraine jamais mais l'atmosphere de la course lui plait bien tous les ans. :)

    ReplyDelete