Thursday, May 26, 2011

What makes you run faster?

Well, I'd say FEAR without a doubt...

It was 8:45 PM when I started running outside. Not too warm, not too windy, except for the mosquitos it would have been a perfect evening.
That was counting without the coyotes!

WHAT???


I don't really like going out running when it's dark... but sometimes you don't really have a choice for training hours...
Tonight I was half done when I saw lot's of lights & some police cars. One drove & stopped by me.
First of all, I got scared with the car... who knows if it's really a cop or not right?
Then that guy freaked me out telling me I had to turn around, they were chasing a big coyote. He even asked me if I wanted a ride... to be really careful going home because they come out @ night... 
Well, I said "thanks but no thanks" & ran faster! From 9:30 mn/mile, I went to 7:30 mn/mile. That was a good training when I think about it! :)




It's amazing what fear can do to you! I must have seen a dozen coyotes behind all the bushes before I got home... In my mind!!!

So... here we are... in Texas where the slogan is "everything is bigger in Texas"...
You need to be careful of fire ants... you do not want to step on a colony when running in the grass!
Then look up for snake roasting in the sun... Then coyotes @ night...

WHAT'S NEXT? lol


If I scream tonight Bunny... that's just a nightmare about coyote!
Be aware! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment